Beaufort County Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit hospital chartered by the State of South Carolina, whose Board of Trustees is appointed by Beaufort County Council, and whose purpose is to equip, maintain, and operate Beaufort County Memorial Hospital and such other facilities as the Board may find necessary to serve the health care needs of the citizens of the Beaufort County area. Henceforth, the Board shall be known as the Beaufort Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees.
- Meetings are held on the last Wednesday of each month at 7:30 a.m.
- Members are assigned to serve on standing committees some of which meet once a month, others as needed.
- Meetings last approximately two and one-half hours.
- Meetings are held at Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
- Board member qualifications include knowledge of healthcare issues; willingness to meet and maintain all education and certification requirements established by the Board; and willingness to commit the time necessary for full participation in the business of hospital governance.
- Time commitment is estimated at 20hours/month per board member.
Beaufort Memorial Hospital is licensed for 197 Beds. It is a not-for profit community health facility, fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Besides offering 24-hour emergency services with physicians on site, the Hospital also offers a wide range of diagnostic and surgical procedures for inpatients and outpatients. Its 197 beds include a 14 bed adult inpatient psychiatric unit, 14 rehab units, primary care services at Beaufort Memorial Primary Care, cardiac care, and wound care, all of which are located at Beaufort Memorial Plaza on the hospital campus. Off campus, Beaufort Memorial Orthopedic Specialists, Beaufort Memorial Center for Digestive Diseases, and Bluffton Medical Services, Beaufort Memorial Surgical Services, Beaufort Memorial Sea Island Psychiatry, Beaufort Memorial Lady's Island Primary Care, and Beaufort Memorial Coastal Care MD. The Hospital has a free doctor referral service at (888)522-5585 or on the BMH website at: www.bmhsc.org