To advise Council and the participating municipalities on matters relating to preparation for the future; to advise the appropriate Councils, through the Planning Department, on ways of overcoming collective problems involving the County, municipalities, and other contiguous counties in which a joint resolution is advisable; and to advise the appropriate Councils in the orderly planning for wise conservation of underground water and other natural resources of the County, and preservation of the scenic beauty and environment of the lands and waters of the County.
- Meetings are generally held on the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
- Meetings last approximately two hours.
- Meetings are held in Council Chambers, Administration Building.
- Members receive mileage reimbursement for attendance at meetings.
- Members are also assigned to serve on one or two subcommittees that meet monthly.
- A strong concern and interest in the future growth and development of Beaufort County is desired.
Questions: (843) 255-2140