To advise Council on matters relating to preparation for the future; to advise the appropriate Councils, through the Planning Department, on ways of overcoming collective problems involving the County, municipalities, and other contiguous counties; to advise Council in the orderly planning for wise conservation of natural resources, and preservation of the scenic beauty and environment of the lands and waters of the County.
- Meetings are generally held on the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
- Meetings last approximately two hours.
- Meetings are held in Council Chambers, Administration Building, Beaufort County Government Robert Smalls Complex, 100 Ribaut Road, Beaufort.
- Members receive mileage reimbursement for attendance at meetings.
- Members are also assigned to serve on one or two subcommittees that may meet monthly as needed
- A strong concern and interest in the future growth and development of Beaufort County is desired.
Questions: (843) 255-2140