This Comprehensive Plan is a vital document for the County, since it contains guidance for the development of the County for the next 10 to 20 years. The Plan provides this guidance by outlining goals, policies, and implementing strategies which are supported by data and technical analysis, developed with a thorough public review process. The overall purpose of the Comprehensive Plan is to enable the government officials and citizens to anticipate and constructively deal with growth and change in the community and to encourage the development of a safe, healthy, orderly and distinctive living environment.
This plan is a "living" document and as such should be reviewed and updated on a regular five year basis. However, the plan should also be reviewed on a yearly basis, and the implementation plan defined and updated for the upcoming year.
2010 Comprehensive Plan
- Executive Summary
- Text Amendment
- Five-Year Comprehensive Plan Assessment/Amendments
- Future Land Use Element (Chapter 4), Ordinance 2016/11, Adopted May 9, 2016
- Cultural Resources Element (Chapter 6), Ordinance 2016/11, Adopted May 9, 2016
- Energy Element (Chapter 9), Ordinance 2016/11, Adopted May 9, 2016
- Natural Resources Element (Chapter 5), Ordinance 2017/1, Adopted January 9, 2017
- Affordable Housing Element (Chapter 8), Ordinance 2017/1, Adopted January 9, 2017
1997 Comprehensive Plan