The purpose of the Beaufort County Planning Department is to:
- Prepare and implement the Beaufort County Comprehensive Plan.
- Cooperate in regional planning efforts with the County's municipalities and adjoining jurisdictions.
- Prepare and administer local planning and development regulations.
- Carry out community preservation planning.
- Provide staff support to the Rural and Critical Lands Program.
- Staff the Planning Commission, Corridor Review Boards, Historic Preservation Review Board and other committees and citizen groups involved in planning endeavors.
- Research, compile, validate and analyze information as needed for a variety of planning activities.
Provide staff support to various County projects as needed, including those involving energy efficiency, affordable housing, culture resource protection, capital improvements planning, disaster recovery planning and environmental protection.
Contact us at:
Post Office Drawer 1228, Beaufort SC 29901-1228
(100 Ribaut Road, Room 115, County Administration Building, Beaufort SC)
Phone: 843-255-2140 / FAX: 843-540-9432