NEW INSPECTION REQUEST LINE - (843) 255-2078
Please use this for all inspection request in unincorporated Beaufort County.
2006-2012 CODE CHANGE INDEX
2012 S.C. BUILDING CODE MODIFICATIONS
BUILDING CODES IN EFFECT FOR SOUTH CAROLINA
Effective July 1, 2013 the following codes will be implemented for enforcement in Beaufort County, SC:
2012 International Residential Code
2012 International Building Code
2012 International Fire Code
2012 International Plumbing Code
2012 International Mechanical Code
2012 International Fuel Gas Code
2009 International Energy Code (Jan 1, 2013)
2009 ANSI A 117.1 (Accessibility Code)
2011 National Electric Code
QUALITY CONTROL MANUAL
GATE ACCESS ORDINANCE
100 Ribaut Rd.
2nd Floor Room 275
Courier Service Only
4819 Bluffton Parkway
Hours of Operation
Bluffton, SC 29910
Monday thru Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
The mission of the Building Inspection and Code Enforcement Department is to:
- Protect the public’s safety, general welfare and property from hazards arising from the construction and use of buildings and structures; protect the environment and preserve the natural beauty of the low country.
- Enforce the building codes, fire code, national electrical code, zoning and development standards, floodplain regulations, trash and litter ordinance, junk vehicles and dilapidated abandoned structures.
- Issue building permits for new construction, substantial improvements and additions.
- Register all manufactured homes placed in the county including the Municipalities.
- Issue hawkers and peddlers licenses
- Staff the Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Issue licenses to electrical contractors