December is Safe Toys & Gifts Month
Top Toy Safety Tips:
- Avoid purchasing toys with sharp, protruding or projectile parts.
- Make sure children have appropriate supervision when playing with potentially hazardous toys or games that could cause an eye injury.
- Ensure that laser product labels include a statement that the device complies with 21 CFR (the Code of Federal Regulations) Subchapter J.
- Along with sports equipment, give children the appropriate protective eyewear with polycarbonate lenses. Check with your Eye M.D. to learn about protective gear recommended for your child's sport.
- Check labels for age recommendations and be sure to select gifts that are appropriate for a child's age and maturity.
- Keep toys that are made for older children away from younger children.
If your child experiences an eye injury from a toy, seek immediate medical attention from an ophthalmologist – an eye medical doctor.
If you have any questions regarding bill that dates after January 1, 2011, please contact EMS Management
& Consultants at 800-814-5339.
County of Beaufort, South Carolina, USA
P.O. Drawer 1228
Beaufort, South Carolina 29901-1228
EMS is a Department of Beaufort County Government
Send comments on this website to email@example.com
Last updated December 4, 2013
Thank you for visiting!
Disclaimer: The Emergency Medical Service of Beaufort County makes every effort to insure the accuracy
of the information found on these web pages. However, EMS offers no warranty with regard to the information
found herein. Information provided via links from these web pages that were not generated by this department
is not warranted to be accurate, authoritative or factual. The provision of information via these links does not
constitute an endorsement of the content of that information or of the provider of that information. If you feel
that information you have obtained via links to these web pages is inaccurate or offensive, please contact the
original producer or distributor of that information. Construction of this web site is on going as staff identifies,
develops and integrates new resources into this site