Title: Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor
Salary: $17.54 hr.
Open Until: 9/28/12
Performs duties in the counseling and treatment of adolescents and adults.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, counseling, social work, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least one year direct counseling experience.
- Strong group addictions counseling experience preferred
- Experience conducting clinical assessments
- Must acquire and maintain required certification/licensure from the state of South Carolina within 3 years of hire date.
- Familiarization with DSM IV, ASAM-PPC2 preferred
- Will be required to work evening hours
- Ability to speak/understand Spanish desired
OPEN UNTIL 9/28/2012.
SALARY: $17.54 hr.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.