Title: Librarian II - Youth Services Manager
Open Until: Until Filled
Under minimal supervision by the Branch Manager and in coordination with the Youth Services Coordinator plans, implements, and manages a comprehensive program of library services to children, their caregivers, and young adults. Supervises, evaluates, schedules and trains youth services staff at the St Helena Library branch*.
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science
- Three years professional library experience in youth services, with at least one year supervisory experience.
- Eligible for South Carolina Public Library Certification. Must obtain certification within one year of hire date.
- Willingness to accommodate flexible scheduling is essential; some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be dependable, motivated and customer services oriented
- Please specify full position title and branch on application
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
SALARY: $41,190 annually
*Beaufort County has various facilities within the county, and many departments have multiple offices to serve our citizens. Management reserves the right to transfer employees from one location to another within the county at any time based on business need. Employees will be given as much notice as possible prior to a change in work location.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.