Title: Respite Providers
Open Until: Until Filled
Provides home-based respite care for adults and children with developmental disabilities and other special needs. This position is on an as needed basis. Must be able to attend a one week orientation/training the 2nd week of the month Monday through Friday for 8 hours per day. Some individuals will require total care including feeding, changing and constant supervision while others may need only supervision. Hours vary according to the client needs with some needing day time care and others needing overnight care.
Respite services are provided to individuals unable to care for themselves; furnished on a short-term basis because of the absence or need for relief of those persons normally providing the care. The care is only for those individuals who have a waiver and authorization for the service through Beaufort County DSN.
- Proof of High school degree or GED
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, including holidays
- Valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years
- No convictions for criminal domestic violence, any criminal violence, crime of moral turpitude or crime which carries a sentence of one or more years
- An extensive background check will be conducted on all applicants considered for this position.
- Ability to attend required one week of training with annual renewal of training.
- Employees will be exposed to varying atmospheres in the work environment. Other abilities required include: climbing, balancing, repetitive motion, bending, standing, walking, running, lifting, grasping, hearing, visual ability, speaking, writing, pushing, pulling, crouching, crawling, reading, kneeling, reaching, turning, and noise tolerance. This employee may be subject to verbal, physical or emotional assault by person’s served.
- Medical background (CNA or LPN)
- Experience in providing care for children and/or adults
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
SALARY: $8.46 hr.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.